Get ready for MSWIT's September 26th Meeting...which will be an evening you don't want to miss!
Our September 26th MSWIT Dinner will take place at the Rooftop on Basin, located at 501 Basin St. Numerous exciting things will happen at this special meeting, including...
A delicious sit down dinner provided by Messina's Catering (thank you to MSWIT member Stacey Messina)
Our fabulous speaker for the event is Kevin Ferguson, Vice President of External Affairs, New Orleans & Company. (see bio below)
Complimentary Tour Options prior to and after the meeting provided by MSWIT member Emily Valentino (see more details below).
Dress for Success Donation of Clothing & Accessories Drive (see more details below)
Our annual UNO HRT Graduate Student MSWIT Scholarship Presentation - with the help of MSWIT members Dr. Yvette Green, Dr. Bridget Bordelon and Dr. Han Chen
Kevin Ferguson, Vice President of External Affairs for New Orleans & Company
Kevin joined New Orleans & Company in January of 2022. He is responsible for membership strategies, community partnerships, community engagement and interfacing with cultural entities across the region. Previously he was the New Business Development Executive with the New Orleans Saints and the New Orleans Pelicans. He is also involved in community organizations such as the Young Leadership Council, GNO Inc., NextGen Council and the N.O. Police and Justice Foundation. He is a graduate of Florida State University where he earned his Bachelor of Arts degree in History in 2006.
MSWIT member Emily Valentino can’t wait to welcome you to Basin St. Station, home of Cemetery Tours & City Sightseeing New Orleans!
We would like to offer everyone attending on September 26 various complimentary tour options, including...
- St. Lous Cemetery No. 1’s Official Walking Tour - located steps away from the Basin St. Station.
Meeting Time is 4:15pm in Basin St. Station - dress cool with comfortable walking shoes
Up to 20 Patrons can enjoy this tour Complimentary.
- Hop-On the Double-Decker, Open-Top After Hours bus ride thru the CBD & French Quarter showcasing the vibe of this great tour experience.
Meeting Time will be AFTER the MSWIT Dinner & tour duration will be 30 minutes, returning no later than 8:30pm.
Up to 40 Patrons can enjoy this tour Complimentary.
- The Brakeman Hotel boasts 18 extraordinary and unique hotel rooms on the 2nd & 3rd floors, you just have to see!
Join Emily for a Site Visit of The Brakeman Hotel at 5:45pm from the 4th floor
To take advantage of any of these three options, please include which option list(s) you would like to be included on.
MSWIT's Dress for Success Clothing Drive/Donation Campaign
September is MSWIT's month for giving. MSWIT members Brittany Perrin and Fran McManus have organized a special clothing drive to help unemployed women in our community make a great first impression when applying for a job that could change her life. At our September 26th meeting, we will collect items for Dress for Success but there are detailed guidelines shown below. If you have recently cleaned out your closet and have nothing to contribute, we will be collecting in-kind cash, check & credit card donations to purchase items on their Amazon Wish List. (In lieu of donating cash, feel free to purchase items on that list and bring to the meeting)
**Dress for Success are in great need of plus size clothing (sizes 18W and up, 2X – 5X) and work-appropriate jewelry**
What would you wear to a job interview? That is exactly the type of clothing we are looking for to distribute to our clients. Your fabulous suits and other professional separates could furnish another woman with the confidence to enter or return to the workplace, make a great first impression and land a job that could change her life.
Please ensure that all items are donated freshly dry-cleaned / laundered and ironed, in current or classic styles, not more than 5 years old, and suitable for wearing to job interviews. To protect the health and well-being of our staff and volunteers at Dress for Success New Orleans, all clothing donations must be on hangers or neatly folded. We cannot accept clothing donations in garbage bags and please no shoe boxes as our building does not recycle
- Suits - Interview appropriate suits including skirt or pant suits in all sizes, modern, classic styles in conservative colors. No wool or winter weight suits.
- Professional separates such as blazers/jackets, pants, skirts, tops.
- Blouses- Classic shells or collared button downs.
- Dresses - Classic shifts and wrap styles that work under a blazer.
- Shoes - Professional and like-new shoes, black, closed-toed preferred.
- Coats are only accepted October-February.
- Unopened cosmetics, toiletries and personal hygiene products.
- Uniform staples: white button downs, black pants, black non-slip shoes.
CLOTHING NOT ACCEPTED
- Nothing stained, torn, pilled or in need of mending.
- No men’s clothing. Donate to Sharp Men (sharpmen.org).
- No evening attire. Donate to The Encore Shop (encoreshopnola.com).
- No prom dresses. Donate to The Beautiful Foundation (thebeautifulfoundation.org), Glam U (glamu101.org), or Daughter of the King (101daughteroftheking.com).
- No heavy wools as the New Orleans weather rarely allows.
- No crop pants, capris, or mini-skirts.
- No sandals, tennis shoes, evening shoes, extremely high heels, visibly damaged or dirty shoes.
- No dirty or scuffed handbags. No handbags with missing hardware, evening bags/clutches, or straw bags.
- No tarnished or dirty jewelry. No overly formal or overly causal jewelry.
- No used undergarments.
As it gets closer to the event, we will work with Emily Valentino to estimate how many free spaces are available in their adjacent lot. However, if the lot is full, there is always a special industry rate of only $5 just steps away from their doors in an independent lot.
Networking & Cash Bar begins at 5:30 pm (5:15 for anyone taking the 4 pm walking tour)
Program: 6 pm
COST: $40 Members, $45 Guests
To RSVP, please reply to this email or email email@example.com. Don't forget to include any optional tours you would like to take that evening.